Followers

Design Team Call

Design Team Call - Crafty Creations Challenges has a DT call for one position. Click here for more info

29 August 2012

Challenge #185 and Welcoming Our NEW DT!!

Hello everyone! It is always sad to say goodbye to past members as every one of them has brought so much to the team,  both personally and in their contributions to the challenges!  A very big thank you to Claire, Rudlis, and Donelda who most recently had to leave us, and to all our past members as you have all given of your time and energy to help forge Crafty Creations Challenges!

Now onto our CHALLENGE this week: A  SUMMER SCENE!  Get creative and share your favourite summer scenes!

Whimsy Stamps is our Sponsor this week! 

Whimsy Stamps is a family owned art stamp company dedicated to providing crafters around the world with whimsical and fun rubber stamp designs. Our exclusive stamps are great for card making, scrap booking, and many other crafting projects.
Enjoy creating your craft projects with Whimsy Stamps!

Jaime created a sweet summer 'moment' with this lovely paper pieced card! 

Lindsey's summer scene is this lovely soothing tree lined lakeside view! 

This is Juelmarie and she has chosen the image from Whimsy's designer Kathy - this little bear is canoeing and what a way to spend the lazy days of summer

As we are starting up our new term, I would like to introduce and welcome our NEWEST TEAM MEMBERS!!

Helen Plant will be bringing us years of experience to our challenges! She has been making cards for about 13-14 years now!  Her passion as a hobby is stamping or using digital images and colouring with alcohol markers.  She does digital designing too!  


She says " I so wish I could sit and make cards all day 24/7!"  

Lucky for all of us, Helen recently got a new craft room so she may just do that!! :) 




Anna Jasiolek keeps busy as a full-time primary school teacher, as well as a fitness instructor and a dance teacher!  
Anna is a newcomer to card making, but you wouldn't know it to look at her blog!  She is a fast learner with unique ideas of her own!   

She says " I like making cards with a little twist: wedding card? Why white? A flower? Why not use a coffee filter? A magazine ad? Oh, what a cool background! I also love using wrapping papers, there are so many details on them! And I love challenging myself...  I know there are mainly proffessionals surrounding me (as I can see, people are crafting 7-10 years... WOW!), but why not try? I prefer that over regretting I haven't tried at all."  

We say go for it Anna!!  We're sure Anna will WOW us with her new creations too!! 




Michele Greenwood has been married for 20 years and with 3 kids, she says that crafting is her RELEASE and  'keeps her sane' HA!    
Michele says "... my neighbor introduced me to scrapbooking which I did for a bit but somewhere along the line I created a card and found INSTANT GRATIFICATION. So yeah, I've never  looked back...which also means my kids will not have any scrapbooks. LOL"  
 

Michele has been on several other design teams and is currently with Ladybug Crafts Ink and Cupcake Inspirations. 

We're sure that with all the gorgeous cards Michele will have given them over the years she will be forgiven for having no scrapbooks for her children!!  






Tonya Morgan has been paper crafting in one form or another on-and-off for over 10 years.  She is an almost 30-something, stay-at-home mom with two beautiful children who tend to be the main subjects of her scrapping.  She loves making scrapbook pages and 3D/altered items.

Tonya says "Showcasing my families memories is my passion. I don't consider myself to have a specific style because I love to experiment and try new techniques." 

Tonya also loves to experiment in the kitchen!
We can't wait to see what creative 'recipes' she brings to our table!! 




Louise Sims lives near Cambridge (UK) with her hubby and 2 sons, plus her 'mad dog'.   Louise has been crafting for about 5 years and is on several DTs already including Polka Doodles, Studio 12 and Mischelflo Creative Crafts.

Louise says  "I just love that bits of paper, card and embellishments can make original, "works of art". Even more satisfying (to me) is knowing that no 2 cards you make will ever truly be the same, making them unique to the people who receive them!"

Louise's style is so unique and lovely; we are in for a real treat!! 




Meighan Wheller  lives in Sydney Australia and is the mother of a wonderful daughter, sharing their home with Daisy the Dog (a Border Collie) and Flick the Bird (a cockatiel). 

She says "I love trying new techniques and have recently been trying out punch art, a little more 3D projects and coloring images. So depending on the challenge, what I have on hand is normally how I come up with an idea.  I attended my first card class about 10 years ago and I was hooked.  I am always inspired by new techniques, challenges and general curiosity of what everyone else is doing and then finding the time to give this new inspiration a go."

We look forward to seeing more of  Meighan's inspired creations!



Corrinne Quinn  is an avid crafter, who adores all types of crafts and anything that is handmade.   Corrinne lives in Oregon with her partner and their furry children (pets).

She says "I am constantly creating something & it's where my passion lies!"

We are so happy that Corrinne will be sharing her creative passion and talents on our team! 

Evelina Karhu   is the youngest member of our team and  living in northern Sweden in a city called Umeå. 

Evelina started scrapbooking in 2008 and says " I really enjoy it. I’m not devoted to a specific genre within scrapbooking – I like to try out new things – and I do both cards and layouts."  

We are eager to see more of Evelina's fresh and fearless takes on our challenges! 



Please extend your welcome to our new team! I'm know they would be so pleased to hear from our challenge takers! 

Now it's your turn! Let's see what you will share for our SUMMER SCENES challenge! 





6 comments:

  1. Great scene created by DT! Welcome to the new members! Bon courage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. a HUGE WARM welcome to ALL the new team members - you certainly started with a creative bang girls - what a line up of beautiful creations! Great to have you onboard!! bx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome all you CREATIVE new hands! This is a great way to end the summer with this challenge so I got this l/o done of my Grand daughters 3rd birthday pool party. Since I don't own any Whimsy stamps, I thought this would be an awesome place to try out. TFS
    Creative Wishes,
    Claire S.
    www.scrapmyway.blogspot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for a lovely Challenge with great DT inspiration! Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun theme...great inspiration from the DT!

    ReplyDelete